3/16/14

Fred Phelps, Sr., pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church near death

Nathan Phelps, the estranged son of Fred Phelps, Sr., pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church has posted on facebook that his father is near death.

 I know there will be many who will cheer at his demise but I have to think about what my pastor told us this morning, We are the Church so what we do and say matters. If we forgive this man despite all he has done we will be doing exactly what God told us we need to do. After all, he was responsible for uniting bikers, truckers, conservatives, hippies, transgender, lesbian gay and bisexual people to invalidate, challenge and face down hate.

I will never forget a sign I saw when Prop8 was upheld at a rally.The sign read "Love is love is love is love" and that is how we are winning, with love..

Fred, I pray for you and hope you can find the faith to let your hate go. Give it to Jesus.





No comments: